Hello Firebird Nation:
I have the latest news I would like to share with you. We will be having 3 Virtual Seasons prior to our anticipated start schedule of January 1.
Virtual Season 1: (Fall Sports) September 14 – October 23
Virtual Season 2: (Spring Sports) October 19 – November 27
Virtual Season 3 (Winter Sports) November 23 – January 1
- This is set up for the coach to see the interest, reach out to players and hold virtual meetings and workouts online. If your student is interested in a sport in the fall/winter/spring I will list the coaches emails here:
- Alicia Conquest- email@example.com – Track/Cross Country
- Steve Bargiovianni- firstname.lastname@example.org – Men’s Varsity Soccer/Women’s Varsity Basketball/Men’s Varsity Baseball
- Jess Tosto- email@example.com – Women’s Varsity Soccer/Women’s Varsity Softball
- Donna McGilberryfirstname.lastname@example.org – Cheer
- David Handemail@example.com – Varsity Men’s Football
- Howard Waxmanfirstname.lastname@example.org – Men’s JV Basketball
- Stan Jonesemail@example.com – Men’s Varsity Basketball
- David Stokesfirstname.lastname@example.org – Women’ Varsity Volleyball/Women’s JV Softball
The actual playing seasons we are anticipating are as follows given we are back in January:
Playing Season 1: (Winter Sports) January 4 – February 20
Playing Season 2: (Fall Sports) February 22- April 17
Playing Season 3: (Spring Sports) April 19- June 12
*As you can see, I have to imagine this will be a modified play schedule to take place only with teams in our division in District 12. I cannot see competition or a state run in any sport this year, but a modified play schedule relegated to teams in our division only this year. As indicated by the last day of Spring Sports being June 12. There is no way we could go that late and be able to compete in a state run as they will have already been played and finished around Pennsylvania for those districts which decided to go ahead and play sports this whole year.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me at
Stay Safe and see you all soon.
Howard Waxman, M.Ed., R.A.A.
School of the Future